This is the privacy notice of Comedy Hotspot. In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to Comedy Hotspot. We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us. This notice covers information that may or may not identify you.
We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned about how information collected on them will be used. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with UK law and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware. If you believe our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please notify us immediately.
We regret to inform you, that this notice is non-negotiable. Should one or more of the items below not meet your expectations then your only recourse is to leave our website.
Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected on the website.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you; either through our website or from receipt of a direct communication from you, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details. This information is used:
• to provide you with the services which you request;
• for verifying your identity for security purposes;
• for marketing our services and products;
• information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example, relating to demographics
or usage of a particular page or service.
2. Marketplace information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to pay for a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
• to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
• in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
• to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
• to tell you about other of our services on our website.
4. Website usage information
5. Financial information relating only to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us through our website. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page of a reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
6. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. Others are more concerned to take our money than to provide a useful service. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service. However, we suggest you assess this notice to judge that we do take your privacy seriously.
7. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
8. Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You can manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
• to allow parts of our website to operate for you.
• to operate our content management system.
• to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our website.
• to enhance security on our contact form.
• to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects
information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
• to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
• to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for 30 days when it will delete automatically.
• to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
• to enable you to watch videos we may place on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
• Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
• Sections of our site may contain DoubleClick’s remarketing pixels. You can opt by visiting the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
• This site uses Remarketing Dynamic Ads which are made possible by the use of the Teracent cookie. You may opt out of the Teracent cookie by visiting the Teracent opt-out page.
10. Calling our contact number
When you call our contact number, we may collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of contact number line.
11. Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business/organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
13. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
14. Content you provide to us
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
15. Marketing information
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may optout of this service at any time by notifying us via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up of your personal information, from software services. No such information is identifiable to you.
17. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
18. Use of site by children
We do not deliberately market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children.
19. Use of site by children
If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
20. Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
21. At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below.
To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
22. Sale of your personal information
Except as specified above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
23. Data may be “processed” outside the United Kingdom
Our websites are hosted in the United Kingdom. Accordingly, data obtained within the United Kingdom may be “processed” outside the United Kingdom and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
24. Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we would like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
25. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us by emailing email@example.com To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
m: 07850 533563